Wednesday, March 19, 2008
David Paterson
After all the Eliot Spitzer business in New York, the new governor has been named. David Paterson is his name, and he is New York's first black governor, and also the second governor ever named to be registered as a blind man. Wow! A blind man is replacing Spitzer as the governor of New York? Talk about some serious changes. Also, I read about how Paterson admitted to having multiple affairs with women while being married to his wife, including a state employee! Now that he's governor, who's to say he and his employee won't start that up again? His wife also admitted cheating on her husband. They claim to have worked it out and are now a family, but I am finding that hard to believe. At the least, why should such an important position and a family that is supposed to be a model family for New York and the rest of the country be filled by people like that? If they can't stay faithful to each other, how are we, the people, supposed to trust him not to betray us? I oppose our government because of all the corruption that is happening inside and because those people only care about themselves! We need to be a lot more careful when choosing our leaders, and I only hope David Paterson and whoever is elected President this year do a much better job in keeping America from the downfall we appear to be heading for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do you cut David Paterson any slack for being open and honest with America about his shady history rather than attempting to cover it from the beginning? Also, is it a fair expectation to think that all elected officials will be saintly and never make any mistakes in their lives? I don't personally know anyone like that...but if you do I think we should definitely get them elected.
I like how you tie in outside sources of what you are reading into your common place book. (newspaper etc.)
Post a Comment