Monday, March 17, 2008

March Madness




Once again, it is March, and that can only mean one thing to basketball lovers in America: March Madness. March Madness is the nickname given to the NCAA Basketball Tournament that features a field of 65 college teams and where some of the greatest moments in basketball history occur every year. March Madness is where Cinderella stories and dreams come true while defeat and heartbreak are left in the hearts of many young players who either do not make the tournament or suffer losses in the tourney. It is indeed madness, because anything can happen at any given moment. No lead is safe and no point differential is ever enough in a game, because magic is in the air and everyone has basketball fever. The tournament also attracts millions of fantasy players nationally and worldwide, all of whom are filling out their new brackets and competing for money, fame, or props across the country. My friends and I are participating in a fantasy league of our own this year, and my personal bracket is just above this. I have Tennessee winning the championship over UCLA, and I have quite a few upsets predicted! Partially because it is really fun to guess upsets and also because it is more exciting to cheer for the underdogs! I love March Madness and can't wait for the tournament to start on Wednesday! Go Tennessee!