Sunday, April 27, 2008
Sustainability Fair
I thought the sustainability fair at Punahou today was a nice event to help promote environmental awareness at our school. There were both kids and adults working at the fair, and we even watched a play put on by middle-schoolers that focused on global warming and sustainability. It was a cute play, but I can't say I really liked it because I thought that some of what they were saying was absurd for a chapel performance. Their opening song had lyrics such as, "We're all gonna die!" I just don't think that is a message that we want to spread throughout our junior school because there is no scientific evidence to prove that we are all going to die. The reason we went to the fair for class was to look for ideas about how to incorporate sustainability into our quality projects. For me, this sustainability fair was very relevant to my project that focuses on global warming. I'm making a documentary, and I don't know how to make my project physically sustainable, because it already is, but I think that I am going to talk about sustainability and resources and "the end of the world" and Al Gore throughout my documentary, so this fair helped give me a good look at how our school is getting involved and how our students' and teachers' feel about the issue. I really wish I filmed the sustainability fair and was able to interview the people attending and working, because that would have been a great start to my documentary! Unfortunately, I was not able to, and I will have to rely on different interviews sometime in the near future. Overall, going to the fair was a learning experience, and I got some good ideas and material that I plan to include in my quality project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment